SurveyCTO HTML Input
This article discusses best practices when editing SurveyCTO HTML Input and provides useful commands.
- SurveyCTO lets you change the format of question text using basic HTML commands.
- In some surveys it can be useful to highlight different parts of text in bold or a different color, either for a set of repeating questions where the text changes slightly or for a block of text that is particularly important.
Some potential uses could be:
- It is probably better to display repeating questions such as: "How much cabbage did you cultivate on plot 3 during the rainy season?' as "How much cabbage did you cultivate on plot 3 during the rainy season?"
- Enumerator instructions can be highlighted in different colors. E.g. " * IMPORTANT * Don't forget to..."
- Note that these commands can only be used for labels and hints, not for choice options.
The following commands should enclose the text you want to highlight:
- Bold: <b> text here </b>
- Italic: <i> text here </i>
- Colors: <font color="red"> text here </font>
More examples can be found here