Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI)
Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews(CAPI) is a face-to-face interview method where the interviewer uses a tablet, mobile phone or a computer to record answers given during the interview. There are a wide variety of CAPI software in the market which makes it easy even for someone with no programming experience to program a questionnaire for computer assisted interviews.
- include here key points you want to make sure all readers understand
- organize information on the topic into subsections. for each subsection, include a brief description / overview, with links to articles that provide details
Advantages over PAPI method
CAPI method has a few advantages over the PAPI method of data collection. The advantages are link to better data quality and management and are listed below:
- The data can be validated during the interview leading to less data errors.
- There is no need to convert the data to a computer readable form as the software does that. For large surveys, this saves a lot of time and effort for the survey team.
- Complex skips in the questionnaire can be programmed directly into the software, making the survey more efficient and accurate.
Back to Parent
This article is part of the topic *topic name, as listed on main page*
- list here other articles related to this topic, with a brief description and link