Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI)
Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews(CAPI) is a face-to-face interview method where the interviewer uses a tablet, mobile phone or a computer to record answers given during the interview. There are a wide variety of CAPI software in the market which makes it easy even for someone with no programming experience to program a questionnaire for computer assisted interviews.
- include here key points you want to make sure all readers understand
- organize information on the topic into subsections. for each subsection, include a brief description / overview, with links to articles that provide details
Advantages over PAPI method
CAPI method has a few advantages over the PAPI method of data collection. The advantages are link to better data quality and management and are listed below:
- The data can be validated during the interview leading to better quality data. Along with data validation, the data is also in electronic format which cuts down on the time and effort needed to digitize paper survey data and removes mistakes made when copying the data from paper to digital format.
- Complex skips in the questionnaire can be programmed directly into the software, making the survey more efficient and accurate.
Back to Parent
This article is part of the topic *topic name, as listed on main page*
- list here other articles related to this topic, with a brief description and link