SurveyCTO Coding Practices
This article discuss solutions to specific but common issues in the programming language used in SurveyCTO. If you want a general introduction to how to structure your approach to programming a CAPI questionnaire or how to use best practices setting that reduce the risk of errors, then see the topic of Questionnaire Programming.
- All coding examples linked to in this section is stored in Google Drive. You can either copy that code to an Excel file, but Survey CTO allows you to pull this code using the URL of the Google Sheet directly from your own server.
Use a lot of groups but do not over use them. This means that you should always ask yourself if anything you do can be done more simplistically with a group. Although, only include a group if they fulfill one of the purposes below:
- Apply a relevance condition to multiple fields
- If you have multiple questions displayed at the same time
- Frame all the questions on a module in group. Only do this at the highest level of the survey, i.e. do not use this for sub-levels of a module.
Repeat groups are a group that is repeated 1 or multiple times. This means that most properties that apply to a regular group, also applies to a repeat group.
Back to Parent
This article is part of the topic *topic name, as listed on main page*
- list here other articles related to this topic, with a brief description and link