|(35 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)|
*we have a server called dimetest.surveycto.com
*email any memeber of DIME Analytics to get access to the development server
we have a server called dimetest.surveycto.com DIMEget access to server
*Save your forms elsewhere, in a Box or Drop Box folder, on Google Drive or any other back up-ed service with version control. We remove all forms periodically without notice . This server is only meant for testing, not storing.
*You are not allowed to collect data on this server. You may submit a couple of test forms, but as soon as you pilot your questionnaire you have to set up a dedicated server for your project
*. We all without notice, .
*not data a couple of test you pilot your to set up server
back to [[Questionnaire Programming]].
At DIME, we have a development server called DIMEtest . If you work at DIME, you can get access to this server. See instructions below.
- Do not use the development server as storage. We regularly delete all content on the server without notice, and you are expected to have your forms elsewhere.
- Do not upload more data than a couple of test submissions. When you need to submit test data or pilot data it is time for your project to set up your own server.
In order to gain access to the server, email anyone in DIME Analytics. If you do not know anyone in DIME Analytics, go to your World Bank email and search for DIME Analytics in the address book. You can also use that email. In this email, tell us your name, which project you are working on and who is your DC based supervisor. We will then get back to you.
- When uploading files, give your questionnaire and dataset names (project name or your own name) that allows us to know who each questionnaire and preloaded dataset belongs to.
- Make sure that the id you give to your questionnaire is not already in use on the server.
- You are not allowed to collect any data using this server. You may submit a couple of test forms, but as soon as you pilot your questionnaire or want to submit more test than a couple of forms, you have to set up a dedicated server for your project.
- Save your forms elsewhere. We do regular clean up on the server so you are expected to save a copy of your questionnaires elsewhere. Use a cloud based service to save your data, so that you can recover any files lost. This server is only meant for testing, not storing. We delete data during these clean ups as well, but it should not be an issue as this server is not supposed to be used to collect anything but test submissions.
- Do not use this server to contact SurveyCTO support. DIME Analytics can contact them on your behalf, so please get in touch with us if you need assistance. When you have your own server, you are obviously allowed to contact SurveyCTO support directly. Remember though, that they will only answer from the perspective of SurveyCTO. You are always welcome to keep asking your questions to the members of DIME Analytics, and we will answer with all aspects of work in mind (data storage, importing to Stata etc.)
- We keep this server up to date to the most recent version of SurveyCTO. If your project depends on a function unique to a specific version of SurveyCTO, then you need to set up your on server.
Back to parent article
This article is a part of the chapter Questionnaire Programming.